U7 #6 – first prototype

So for the presentation I prepared a first prototype, which was more of a tryout rather than specifically planned, as I also tried out different kind of bindings at the same time. The different sizes should allow the user to differ thoughts from notes, and I wanted a binding that allowed the notebookpages to be folded (as that’s what I do with my notebooks). As paper I used Rey International Paper EcoNature 80 gsm which is my favourite paper because of it’s smoothness, thinness yet resistible surface in an offwhite tint.

I stiched the main booklet together in on section, then added the second section, thus connecting two notebooks to each other. I tried adding a bit of colour to the thread for each notebook to see how it would look, but I’m not going to do this. The notebooks are connected in such a random way because I wanted to see what would be the most useful/logical way to bind both together.

finished mockup

finished mockup

To the mockup I then also added a folder/pocket element out of tracing paper to see how a fold could hold collected things.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: